Friday, September 12, 2008

Global to HCL

Finally the time has come to bid a goodbye to my first company Global. It was not easy decision for me at all to leave Global, since I have been a part of this wonderful organization for more than 3 years. I have learned lot of things at Global. Where else you will find your CEO talking to you one on one every week or where your project manager asks you to take it easy on project or a senior most person comes and asks you what you are learning nowadays. It really sounds unbelievable though but it's true. Global is a bunch of great people and extremely friendly people which really creates a healthy environment to work.

It's often said, there is nothing fixed in life except change and it does seem to be true to me. So I got this offer from HCL Chennai. At the first thought, I really was not interested in moving to Chennai. I did some research on the project was assigned to and I got a good feed back from people. The work there seems to be very good. It would be a great learning, if I join. So after much of thinking and consulting to friends, I decided to join HCL. So I resigned from Global and 19th Sep would be my last working day in Global (still can't believe it) and will be going to Chennai on 24th Sep as I am to join on 25th Sep.
Meanwhile, I went to see a doctor and he told me that Bangalore weather is suiting me and Chennai would be fine for me. Now, since I have made up my mind to go there, it's kind of situation where you feel happy and sad. Happy because of new opportunity to work and sad to leave your friends and the Global but life goes on.
So I am quite exciting to move to a new city. I have to start all over again as I did almost 4 years back when I came to Bangalore but this time I have a job and it would really eases off the pressure on you.
I have to setup house there. Lot of things to buy, TV, Kitchen items and other stuff.

Will keep you updated once I reach Chennai.

No comments: